Thread: How to delete Hacktool.Nuker?

How to delete Hacktool.Nuker?

I am using Windows Vista operating system with Norton antivirus. A couple of days ago, C:\DOCUME~1\name\LOCALS~1\Temp\AIC.exe was alerted on my system by Norton and it seems to have infected with Hacktool.Nuker. I am neither able to repair this file nor able to delete it. When I traced the file, I tried to delete it from there too. But, it gave me an error saying: "Access is denied". When I do a full system scan, The scan does not ever complete, but it goes on for ever. Please suggest me some solution to delete Hacktool.Nuker.
    Last edited by Felix46; 15-12-2009 at 05:13 AM.

Re: How to delete Hacktool.Nuker?

The Hacktool.Nuker infection may be included in the NUKER category and can be considered as a trojan type infection. They often spread manually and generally unsuspecting users fall prey to such infections. the mediums used br such infections to spread are:
    • email
    • malicious or hacked web pages
    • Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
    • peer-to-peer networks

Spywares are used to delete Hacktool.Nuker type of infections.

Hacktool.Nuker is a high level priority infection. But, it does not show specific symptoms. This is because these infections are used by the hacker according to his own means, that as he wants the system to be infected. So, there is no particular way to know the way it works. SPYWARE DOCTOR will help in this case to delete Hacktool.Nuker, since it watches for malicious activities running within the system.
    SPYWARE DOCTOR

The Hacktool.Nuker had infected my system too. It actually modifies the registry settings and ini files, that means it changes its values. This is normally done so that the system startup will be hooked up. Inorder to detect and delete Hacktool.Nuker the current engine and dat files are to be used. Both of these when combined cleans the infection totally from the system. It had successfully worked in my case, hope it does in your case too.
    Last edited by Big Fish; 15-12-2009 at 05:44 AM.

An attacker generally uses Hacktool.Nuker as a malicious code to find a security hole in some stacks os TCP/IP. This may cause the machine to crash on which the code is executed. Since, its working has no specific symptoms, the ultimate method of formatting has to be used to delete Hacktool.Nuker, after which a fresh copy of Windows needs to be installed with a well updated antivirus as well as a spyware that keeps a check and also eradicates such trojans and backdoors.

Whatever type of infection it maybe--viruses, trojans, backdoors, etc. a method available for their eradication is boot scan. No infection can withstand this removal method, as boot scan occurs even before windows can load/startup. It means that the scan takes place before an infection can actually execute. This boot scan feature is available with antiviruses like "QUICK HEAL TOTAL SECURITY ANTIVIRUS". So. boot scan will definitely delete Hacktool.Nuker.