Thread: Pc restarts after disconnecting from remote desktop session

Pc restarts after disconnecting from remote desktop session

Hi,

I have recently install windows 7 on my pc. From then, I have expereinced many times that my pc restarts, after after disconnecting from remote desktop session. I have tried to remote desktop over vpn from home but the the same thing happens. Has anyone else noticed this happening? Is it due installation of windows 7 ??

Re: Pc restarts after disconnecting from remote desktop session

You need to Configure timeout for disconnection and reset. Since no more than two remote sessions are possible, it is possible that remote administrators are locked out if there are two remote sessions using different user accounts in either the active or disconnected state. When configuring timeout for disconnection is essential that meetings, separated their connection is reset, will not prematurely. For this reason you should remote management tasks that can not be accidentally reset, run across a shared administrative account, such as a local computer account. You can configure this account on the Properties tab for the account so that it will not reset after disconnecting. Remember that Group Policy settings can override the settings tab of the properties of the user. Using a shared administrative account does not allow tracking of individual administrators who use the computer.

Computer restarts due to some tasks, such as system upgrades, and domain controller promotion require a reboot once completed. The tasks are run from a remote desktop session correctly. You should however be aware that such a simple thing like a floppy disk in the floppy drive or a faulty boot sector on the hard drive could prevent a reboot of the server. It is therefore recommended not to start for the crucial task server via a remote session, unless you have the opportunity to intervene locally on the server if a problem occurs.

Many general office applications require a separate installation, installation scripts, or environment management to respond appropriately in a remote session. Terminal Services provides this in the installation of a terminal server available. However, they are not available for Remote Desktop for Administration. Use for the needs of the general remote access to desktop applications and a dedicated server that is installed on the terminal.