Thread: Bluetooth not working in acer aspire under windows 7

Bluetooth not working in acer aspire under windows 7

Hello. I have Acer aspire one laptop and was installed with windows XP service pack 2. I used to use the bluetooth feature from my laptop and get connected to the mobile for transferring and sharing data. But after I have had install the windows 7 to my system and upgraded the pack it all the devices perform well except for the bluetooth. The drivers are of no use it seems. The connectivity is not enabled. Please help.

Re: Bluetooth not working in acer aspire under windows 7

Your Bluetooth device is not functioning after u have had install the windows 7 is due to the incompatibility feature of the system or the device with the operating system. As you said that it used to work when you used Windows XP as your operating system. It did work as the operating system was not advanced and not much sophisticated. The problem now arises to the feature of the new operating system. You need to check out for the drivers for windows 7 for the bluetooth device of your laptop from Acer's official site.

Check out the official site of Acer in order to get the updated drivers. Just check out the microsoft's update from the microsoft's official site and then install it to your system for the device. Reboot the system after you have installed the updated driver. Then checkout whether it is working or not. It should work out most probably. This is a kind of solution you could get.

For making the device to work properly and to carry out the functions follow the desired steps as follows:

1) Go to start menu.
    2) Then Click on the control panel option.
    3) Open the System information and select the Hardware tab.
    4) Then select the device name.
    5) After that click on the update driver option.

This should make your bluetooth device to perform.

Trouble shooting the system may make the device to function. This basically because it lends to remove any previous bugs that has bee attached or associated with the application. Completely formatting the hard drives may give you a approach to the device to function. It can be done after you reinstall the system completely and the updated drivers which would compatible with the operating system