Thread: Data Loss by Malicious program in Lose/Lose game

Data Loss by Malicious program in Lose/Lose game

My Acer Aspire 5738 laptop is infected by some trojan. I do not know from where but I had an icon of the game Lose/Lose on my desktop. I clicked on it and the while gaming I got an error message that a file might be deleted. Since then many of my files are getting deleted unknowingly. I have never played that game again but much of my data is already lost.

Trojan in Lose/Lose game

The game Lose/Lose is a malicious game. It is a game between Alien and a player which is controlled by the user. During gaming when you kill the Alien a file randomly gets deleted from your hard drive. Thus you got the error message. Un-install the game completely and also remove it from the Control Panel. This game is known to contain a Trojan.

MacOS_X/Loosemaque.A Trojan

The game Lose/Lose contains a Trojan: MacOS_X/Loosemaque.A. The game was downloaded on your laptop. The game has a proper plot to let the user play the game. Therefore, it is difficult o make out that it has any Trojan in it. Scan your computer and delete the Trojan.

Re: Data Loss by Malicious program in Lose/Lose game

Yes, my AVG anti virus is showing a MacOS_X/Loosemaque.A detection, but it is unable to delete it. I have deleted the game from the Control Panel as well as it files from the C:\Program Files folder. But every time I scan the trojan can be detected but not deleted. suggest some other anti virus which can help me to delete this trojan from my system.

Safe Mode to Remove MacOS_X/Loosemaque.A

First disconnect the internet connection from your laptop. Boot your laptop in Safe Mode. To boot your laptop in Safe Mode you will first have keep tapping on the F8 key when the manufacturer logo screen appears. After this using the arrow keys select Safe Mode and not Safe Mode with Networking. This will disable third party tools in your computer.now scan your computer completely to delete the MacOS_X/Loosemaque.A Trojan.

Avast to Remove MacOS_X/Loosemaque.A trojan from Acer laptop

I am using Dell Alienware M15x laptop. Even I am used to play game onlines. But then there is alot of exposure to network threats. To protect my laptop from any such threats I use Avast anti virus. I recommend you also to download Avast and perform a Boot time scan using the Schedule Boot Time Scan feature of Avast.