Thread: Win32/Koobface.P worm of Facebook

Win32/Koobface.P worm of Facebook

My Facebook account seems to be hacked by the Win32/Koobface.P worm. I had a message which contained a link to some website. By mistake I clicked on that link. Since then my AVG anti virus has detected the Worm: Win32/Koobface.P. Now every time I start my computer AVG detects it, I select the delete option it gets deleted and again when I start or re-start my computer AVG gives the same alert message. Provide some information as to how this worm works and spread. And also how to discard it from my machine?

Re: Win32/Koobface.P worm of Facebook

To delete this worm, first delete all your Cookies and Temporary internet files. To perform this action go to the Tools menu and select the relevant option. For Internet Explorer(IE8) users select Delete Browsing History(first Option), for Mozilla Firefox users select Clear Recent History option and for Opera it Delete Private Data. Then use your anti virus to scan your hard drive to terminate the worm.

This Worm:Win32/Koobface.P is found spreading itself through social networking sites such as: twitter, bebo.com, hi5.com, tagged.com, netlog.com and facebook.com. The worm scans the temporary internet files and Cookies to locate the Cookies from these sites. The link messaged states
    The version of Flash Player is outdated an you need to update.
    This link also publishes to provide the update which is in real a fake message to allow the malicious website to send worm..

This worm is rated Severe level alert by Microsoft itself. The Win32/Koobface.P worm is known to connect to a remote server to allow the attacker to gain access to the infected machine. The attacker can then cause the worm to carry out varies attacking steps which may also include:
    • Send information about the infected computer
    • Start and stop the worm service
    • Download updates
    • Retrieve messages to be posted on contact's pages