Thread: CodeClean fake security tool

CodeClean fake security tool

I want to know about the Fake security tool- CodeClean. Recently my friend had installed Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition. To update his product and necessary drivers he connected his computer to internet. There was an alert about a Trojan on his computer from CodeClean Security Tool when he connected online. So he selected the Remove button, but latter on he learnt that it was a fake security tool. Can any one provide some information on this fake anti virus? And also which anti virus to use to be secured from such fake alerts.

Re: CodeClean fake security tool

Hey even my Compaq Presario computer was infected by the same CodeClean virus. I had a pop-up stating that a worm was detected in my computer. I had a Delete or Cancel button. I selected the Delete button. But ever since then I started getting some or other alerts while browsing internet. This alerts would also ask me to purchase CodeClean system security. I rebooted my computer in Safe Mode and ran a thorough scan of my computer to terminate the virus.

CodeClean is a potentially unwanted application described as a Spyware removal utility that may give false reports about potential risks on the computer. If infected the user is always given pop-ups to purchase the License key for the CodeClean Spyware removal utility. To protect your system from such threats always keep your anti virus updated.

Download the Norton Internet Security to protect your computer from malicious illegal programs and threats. I am using this Norton anti virus and thus I suggest you try this anti virus as its Virus database is updated regularly to keep track of all the latest threats and viruses. You may also try Avast, McAfee, Kaspersky or AVG anti virus to secure your computer.