Thread: Removing Trojan-PWS.Win32.Kates!IK virus

Removing Trojan-PWS.Win32.Kates!IK virus

Hi,

My windows xp is infected with Trojan-PWS.Win32.Kates!IK virus. I have a-squared antivirus. Yesterday when I scanned my pc with a-squared, it had detected the virus but was unable to remove it, so how to remove Trojan-PWS.Win32.Kates!IK virus ???

Re: Removing Trojan-PWS.Win32.Kates!IK virus

If you have not found specific vaccine for the virus that is resistant, we must make use of the resources available. One way to clear the virus itself is to delete the infected file. This method does not work with all existing viruses, as some viruses use another service to regenerate the virus when it has been deleted. Sometimes, the infected file can not be eliminated in the traditional way, because it carries special protection. In this case, we can use a program like Unlocker, who specializes in this task.

Windows startup, running several processes in a personalized way, ie we can check and uncheck which programs or processes we want to pull up next to our operating system. In many cases, the viruses take advantage of this process to begin its anti-deletion system. Try booting Windows in Safe Mode, run Windows just makes basic and essential supplements to operate, indeed, not even running the graphics drivers, so it is a good way to remove a virus without fear of being associated with a Open Service.

Manually removing a virus is not easy, but it's free. What's free is not easy, but effective. Among the various methods we have seen so far, there is one that I always worked pretty well, and is used when trying to delete an infected file, a Windows message tells us that the file is being used.

This message usually occurs because the active processes in the system, there is one virus that keeps active all the time. If we access Task Manager (press keys Ctrol + Alt + Del), we can try to locate the process that we table the list of active processes.

Not very difficult to identify because generally, to the right of each process is usually indicated the program or service to which each belongs.

If you've located the process, you must select it and click the right mouse button. In the context menu that opens, we must click on Finish the process tree and not Terminate Process, as the former, what it does is disable all the services associated with the same process, so if there is any hidden , so turn off.

Once done, we should already be able to delete the infected file.