Thread: Issue with connecting to Wimax ISP with Vista Ultimate x64

Issue with connecting to Wimax ISP with Vista Ultimate x64

Hello,I am using Windows Vista 64x on my machine.I usually access the internet through a wireless access point.I created a virtual PC Windows XP on my Vista machine and everything works fine with XP but when i try to access internet using Vista it does not connect.So definitely the problem is with Vista.Does Vista communicates differently with wireless AP than XP...?
    How to solve this problem...?help

Re: Issue with connecting to Wimax ISP with Vista Ultimate x64

The wireless access point in your cas may be incompatible with windows Vista.To check the compatability of the Access point you can use MS Internet Connectivity Evalution Tool.The Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool checks your Internet router to see if it supports certain technologies.This tool can be used on a PC which have either Windows Vista or Windows XP operating system.You can run this tool on Windows Vista to verify whether your existing Internet router supports advanced features or not.This tool is intended to work on home internet router and not behind a corporate firewall or on operating systems which are not specified.This tool requires administrator privileges to run and takes about 10 mins to complete the test.

May be the wireless access point is not configured properly for the Windows version you are using.So first check the configuration both on the Wireless access point and your machine.You can also contact your Wimax isp to give you the correct configuration for the required windows version.Debugging the configuration will solve the problem.

Windows vista does not allow to access the sites whose certificates do not have trusted roots.Vista will not prompt the user about the certificates as Windows Xp does and will directly close the connection.So contact your ISP to know if the site which is used to connect to internet has trusted roots.If the site is not having trusted roots then ask them to provide with a URL which has certificates with trusted roots.