Thread: Win32/Winwebsec attacked Windows 7

Win32/Winwebsec attacked Windows 7

My computer seems to be infected by a fake anti virus utility. I had recently upgraded my computer from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and I had not installed any anti virus initially. When I used to go online to check mails I used to get malicious programs alert from Winwebsec system security. But when I installed the AVG anti virus it is now displaying a Win32/Winwebsec virus alert but it cannot be fixed. Please help.

Re: Win32/Winwebsec attacked Windows 7

The AVG is an anti virus utility whereas the Winweb Security is a Rogue Antivirus program. This will display for you fake alerts and warnings of viruses and other malicious programs present on your computer when you go online. Then the users is asked to purchase a licensed software to protect against these threats. Use your AVG to scan your computer in Safe Mode and not connecting to internet to delete the fake Winweb Security malware.

Even my system was infected by the Winweb Secuirty fake anti virus. I mistakenly happened to click on a malware threat message displayed by Winweb Security. And after that the Winweb Security Anti virus download proceeded on my computer. Initially I was unable to realize that it is a fake anti virus. Here are a few images of this fake utility.

Also it bears a resemblance to the Windows Security Center:

I believe the System Restore utility of Windows might be helpful to cure the infection to your machine. To restore your machine. Go to the Start Menu and follow to the All Programs(or Programs), Go to Accessories and select System Tools. Out of the listed system tools click on System Restore. Next you have to select a restore point at which your was not having the infection. If solution does not solve the issue, take all the necessary backup and format your machine to re-install Windows 7 on it.