Thread: Introduction to Client Server Networks

Introduction to Client Server Networks

I want to know some information on client server network. For what specific purposes it has been designed. Can I use it in the internet and for local area network. Give me some examples of it, which one will be the best to use. Can we use this server for mobile device or it is mainly for the PC. Also about it's features and its applications if any. Send me your reply as soon as possible.

Re: Introduction to Client Server Networks

It has got the popularity in the personal computers many a years ago. It is an alternative to the older computer mainframe. It is a network software. From the network it gets all the information. It can used in both device like mobiles and desktop computers. The server device store the application like web sites, even it store the databases and the stored files in it.

The features of the server device is it has a central processors of a high power, the memory is quite more, the disk driver is larger then the clients. The applications of the client server are, it distinguish the device and the applications. network server by sending a message ask a request to the server and the server give a result to the response. the examples are DNS, web servers, FTP clients etc.

In the large screen display the web client works better and the web server do not need any large display. In the local server network we can also use the backup server and print server. Client server is mainly to manage the applications of the network. Peer-to-peer also have the same capability. As compare to peer-to-peer the client server is less flexibility. In handling clients in large numbers and in the growing system. The client server is good mainly to keep your data safe.