Thread: How to connect Bose Companion 5 to MBP

How to connect Bose Companion 5 to MBP

I got a set of Bose Companion 5 5.1 (2 speakers, using their special techno whatever to sound like 5.1). However, it includes only an USB cable to connect to the computer. Does anyone have an idea how to connect Bose companion 5 (which only has usb connectivity) to my MBP using bluetooth or wireless router maybe? How to connect Bose Companion 5 to MBP? Any one knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to connect Bose Companion 5 to MBP

I have the Altec Lansing FX6021 and think they are the best computer speakers I have ever listened too. For that you need to go to radio shack or elsewhere and get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable (looks like the plug on your headphones, but one on each end of the cable) try reading a bit further.

However, as somebody previously mentioned, the AEX (AirPort Express) is designed for such a purpose. I connected back again to a laptop acer with vista home premium and works. It has a line out jack to connect to speakers to be used with AirTunes. And since the Bose have an audio jack, just plug them into the AEX and you should be set.

Bose are some good quality speakers. The USB port on the appletv has no end-user function, so you cannot use it for anything. I would imagine it to work fine. It is for diagnostic purposes only. Make sure you find out if the output matches the PS3's before you get it. For more information, you can check out the following link. Hope so it may help you out.