Thread: Blocked ports but no firewall

Blocked ports but no firewall

I have cable modem, my operating port is blank. When i try to connect my computer from one location to another location port get blocked by windows firewall. I have disable windows firewall but still ports are being blocked with no firewall. What I can do, so anyone with any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Blocked ports but no firewall

A Windows Firewall Security Alert may notify you that Windows Firewall is blocking a particular programGo to the Start menu, go to Run, and type in "cmd" without the quotes and press enter. Type in "ipconfig" without the quotes and press enter. Check the same ip address in available in your dhcp address pool.

The best way to resolve firewall blocking issues is to modify programs to work with stateful filtering firewalls. Internet traffic moves through a firewall based on service identification numbers that are known as ports.To solve thew problem find out which ports need to be enabled in order to transfer data. If you cannot modify a program, you can configure the Windows Firewall to add exceptions for specific ports and programs.

If you need to test if a port is open from the outside to a specific computer, Port Detective can take care of that for you. The Port Detective performs a remote port scan on your IP address. When you add a program to the exception list, you enable the firewall to open ranges of ports that could change every time the program is run. This scan helps you determine if you are properly secured, or if you have the proper ports available and open for hosting a server on your Cable or DSL modem.