Thread: Securing personal folders on windows 7

Securing personal folders on windows 7

Hi. I have many folders that is confidential and want to make it protected or secure. Many of the people use my desktop system and I do not want them to explore my personal stuffs. Is there any kind of software or application tool through which I can make the things possible in my ways. Please help me out. I use Windows 7 as my operating system. I need to secure the folders.
    Last edited by Balamohan; 08-12-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Re: Securing personal folders on windows 7

As you are using windows 7 you can use bitlocker as the encrypting software to secure your important folders. This is a kind of software that locks the folders or in other words encrypts the folders that you want to protect in order avoid access to the other users to the folders. Use the application this will help you out in securing your important folders.

There is a better way than encryption of folders that you want to secure. Just try to compress the folder and put a password lock on it so that anyone who tries to access that particular folder has to insert the password first and that would only accessible by you. This is a great and easy way to protect your folder form getting accessed by any unknown or unauthorized user.

The folder lock is a better software or application tool in order to protect the folders from getting accessed. The other software can be Magic folders. It is same as Folder lock with better features. You need to install the application and then set a desired password for the folders that you want to secure. Th best possible way is also using True crypt. It is sophisticated and very efficient to use. The best thing is that it is widely used for encryption software.