Thread: Lost Network Connectivity

Lost Network Connectivity

I am having Acer 4730, and I am suffering from network connectivity issues. When I type command ipconfig it shows the following
    IP address : 169.254.141.10
    Subnet Mask : 255.255.0.0
    When I try to ping to 169.254.141.1 I get the message "Requested Time Out"
    This means that the laptop is not receiving IP address from the network.

I even Tried to change the DHCP to the following address
    192.168.0.115 as IP address
    255.255.255.0 as subnet mask and the
    gateway address as 192.168.0.1

I am not able to connect to the internet. The rest of computers on this computer are working properly. Can someone help in sorting this issue ?
    Last edited by hariharan_00; 08-12-2009 at 03:38 PM.
    ~HARE KRISHNA HARE RAM~

Re: Lost Network Connectivity

When I was surfing the Microsoft site I came to know that this problem mainly occurs because you are running a network installation of Windows for the Workgroups or also if several users in a workgroup are running the same application from the Server. These are main causes for losing the network connections. These problems are also caused if the network cards don't have the suitable drivers. So try to install the updated drivers for the
    ethernet and then check again. Also check your machine speed, because if your machine is slower the network connections may be lost.

First go to the Device Manager. Just check whether there is yellow question mark i front of your Network Adapters. If there is no question mark that means you have the drivers of ethernet. If there is question mark then try to update the drivers. Once you are done then try to ping the gateway or any other computer. If it is getting ping with the other, then your network card is OK otherwise there is some issue with network card in your laptop or the ethernet cable. Also try to type the following command in your laptop
    IPCONFIG/RELEASE
    and
    IPCONFIG/RENEW.

Then put the IP address and subnet mask again and check whether it is getting connected..!!

First try to set your IP address to the Automatic. After then run "My Networking Wizard" and select your computer (by default this computer). Then check whether it gets connected to the gateway or any other computer. If it is not then try to set the IP address manually. If its still not working then try to repair your network connection. Also you can download the WinSock XP Fix to fix up your problem.