Thread: Wireless adapter is not shown on my device manager on my hp pav ze4900 laptop

Wireless adapter is not shown on my device manager on my hp pav ze4900 laptop

I have an Laptop model no- HP Pav Ze4900. Recently i had reinstall windows XP Home on my laptop, But the problem is in device manager, My wireless adapter is not shown there. Only my nic card is showed. Can anybody suggest me for resolving this issue? thank You.

Re: Wireless adapter is not shown on my device manager on my hp pav ze4900 laptop

You need to install wireless adapter drivers from your Mother board CD. The CD that have come with your Laptop model.The steps is follows : Please put the CD in CD /DVD drive on your laptop. Then right click My computer and then manage, after that computer management window is pop up then select device manager then right click on Network adapter and click on update button. This will automatically check your Drivers from DVD and installed. Please check that and reply found any issue.Thank you.

Re: Wireless adapter is not shown on my device manager on my hp pav ze4900 laptop

You should uninstall the driver and install again.The drivers is also in Laptop Model official site, Please check it out on specific model number which is on official website and directly download from there.If any issue after that please reply.

Hmm, I have a similar symptom on my dv6000. 95% of the time my laptop does not see the wireless nic at all, then every now and then suddenly it appears and works fine. I have swapped in another module for testing and it did not change the symptoms.

These symptoms are relatively new, and started about a month after a Win7-64, not sure if it is related.

It could be hrdw/mobo related, but definitely not the module. However, I have a suspicion that it is somehow win 7 related as I never had these symptoms in either Vista or XP on this laptop.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Bump for an idea...............