Thread: Is ehmsas.exe spyware, adware, or a virus?

Is ehmsas.exe spyware, adware, or a virus?

Hi,

I Avg has detected a file called ehmsas.exe as infected with virus. What should I do ?? Should I delete it ?? Is it a system file ? Or Is ehmsas.exe spyware, adware, or itself a virus? What is ehmsas.exe ??

Re: Is ehmsas.exe spyware, adware, or a virus?

ehmsas.exe is a process belonging to Microsoft Windows Media Center and is described as the Windows Media Center Aggregator Service State.

Ehmsas.exe The file is an important component for the Media Center to function properly.

This file is usually located in:
    C: \ WINDOWS \ eHome \ ehmsas.exe

I was researching the internet and I found someone else with your problem. We could try first disabling a service relating to Windows Media Center, you go to Start - Run, you write "msconfig", agreed. Then go to Services and search the list: Microsoft Media Center State Aggregator Service (MSAS). You'll have to turn it off that list, accept the posters that appear and try to restart the computer to see if you get the error again.

You can also use the Windows installation disc and put to repair Windows, so surely will solve the problem.

To remove ehmsas.exe virus. You can always see the list of tasks on your computer by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del to see your task manager, then click the Processes tab. DLLs will not appear on its list of computer tasks, such as DLLs are actually part of other processes. You may see similar program names running if spyware or adware on your computer, may be slightly misspelled to keep finding it, or spyware and adware may be named very similar to a file system. Make sure you always check the location of tasks or processes if concerned.Remove virus ehmsas.exe