Thread: Computer sharing I-net Via switch

Computer sharing I-net Via switch

Hi there,

I am having a small issue regarding the set up of the two computer sharing the I net via switch. Actually i was using two PCs with different Operating system before i.e. one with the XP having the port connected to switch by cable and another with vista which have another port which was working properly properly. But the problem is that now this configuration is not working, the whole process is stopped. so i need your help to solve problem off mine.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Computer sharing I-net Via switch

Hey,

For that you need the crossover cable which will help you to share dial up connection. To use the Crossover cable you need to start running the Internet Sharing Wizard on the computer which you want to use for thew dial up and follow the step provided by the Wizard. Thats all i can help you with this only so try this and see whether it is working or not. Say thanks if it is working.

Bye

For setting the new Internet connection wizard you have to follow this. Click on Control Panel, go to the Network connections. Now there you will find Wireless network connection, right click on that and select properties. Select Advanced tab from the tab menu and enter a thick in the box "Allow other network users to connect to this computer's Internet Connection". Now click on OK button to confirm and you will be back again on the "Network connections window". Now Right-click on your LAN adapter under General tab select Internet protocol and click Properties. Enter the IP yourself 192.168.0.1 as well as the subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Thats it

First confirm that PCs are assign in the same work group or not. If they are not then do the following. Just go to the My Computer and right click and then the properties. Enter the name of the computer and you will be able to find the full computer name and the work group. Now click on the change button to give some name of your choice for all the computer and ping for the same.

Thank you