Thread: Windows 7 network doesn't work after sleep

Windows 7 network doesn't work after sleep

My wireless network does not work and even the worse, it does not even get listed in the Available Networks after a Sleep. I have an HP 8530p laptop, with Windows 7 Ultimate, when my laptop wakes up from sleep mode my network doesn’t work, the wireless is working but not my Ethernet. I have tried updating the network driver and BIOS with no luck, I also tried changing the power setting for the nic and tried changing power settings in BIOS, but nothing seem to help. Can any one tell me that why my Windows 7 network doesn't work after sleep? Any one has any idea about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7 network doesn't work after sleep

Seems to be related to the re-authentication / re-establishing of the SMB session after the wakeup. It appears HP computers come from the factory with with a setting that wakes up the computer immediately after it goes to sleep. You might consider using netmon / processmon to determine which has hanged the access. Is it on the network layer (re-authenticating users/re-setup the smb session) or application layer (like the explorer.exe or the lanmanserver service on the server side holding file shares)?

I'm not using Away Mode in Windows 7, but this showed up a new entry in Device Manager. In my case the delay can be 1-2 minutes before the shares are available. I don´t notice this behaviour for public shares, only private shares for some reasons. It seems related to authentication. Since enabling it in the BIOS it has reliably gone in and out of S3 sleep without loosing the TV tuner card or refusing to go back to sleep whether it was woken via network or timer. There also appears to be more information in the last wake event in powercfg -lastwake.

Have you installed the latest chipset driver? Did you try moving your mouse? after my computer awakes from standby, the screens won't turn over until i move the mouse. Either plug it out or click into the network and sharing screen and on the left "Adaptor Settings" click it-->right click-->properties-->disable but you need it,so just plug it out set up new connection,plug it back in to detect.