Thread: How to update mcafee antivirus manually

How to update mcafee antivirus manually

Hi,

I have a windows vista pc. I have mcafee 8.5 antivirus and I want to update that. So my question is how to update mcafee antivirus manually ?? If you can tell how to update it offline, I would be grateful. I don't want to use new mcafee antivirus 2009 because its heavy and consume more resources.

Re: How to update mcafee antivirus manually

If your network connection is fully functional, the McAfee agent is the easiest way to install McAfee VirusScan. I recommend you don't not use this method, because you already have a virus and will not come online, or if not, such as your network connection is blocked, then the various components of McAfee on another computer download and USB memory stick on your computer. Then you can perform a manual installation.

To update mcafee antivirus manually, follow the below steps :
    1. Download the file VirusScan Enterprise Manual Install Suite VUB. You, your Net ID and password to enter.
    2. Unpack the file (unzip), you will see four folders
    3. Go into the folder VUB McAfee Agent to the latest version of the Installer to install McAfee
    4. Go into the folder and run the file VSE870ML from SetupVSE oml install McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
    5. Go into the folder and run the file ASEM870LALL from VSE87MAS to install McAfee Antispyware Plugin

If you are connected to the VUB network or Internet, you can use the Update Now feature the latest updates to win. Alternatively use the latest SuperDAT file from the VUB / ULB ftp site out. You need the latest SDAT ####. exe files.

If you have the new McAfee Tray Icon, right-click with the mouse on this icon. Then (with the left button) on VirusScan Enterprise, and then again on VirusScan Console.

If the "older" have McAfee VirusScan Icon (above, right icon), right-click with your mouse on this icon. Then (with the left button) on VirusScan Console.
    Choose either a full scan / full scan (all files) or a limited scan / Targeted scan (files that are most likely to be infected), click here with the right mouse button and then select start.

McAfee Common Management Agent 3.6

Follow the steps below to determine version of McAfee and date of the latest DAT files.
    1. Right click the McAfee icon (bottom right image)
    2. and choose "About Viruscan Enterprise
    3. Check the version and date of the McAfee DAT files (shown following "Created on")
    4. If this date more than 2 weeks behind and you have version 8.0 it is necessary for an upgrade of the Common Management Agent.
    5. Common Management Agent Upgrade

For updating the Common Management Agent (CMA), the following steps are necessary.
    1. Start the installation and click "Run"
    2. If the following screen is displayed click on "Run"
    3. The installation starts and the following screen is displayed.
    4. After several minutes, the upgrade is complete and the installer can be closed by pressing "OK" button.
    5. As of now, the new DAT files back successfully installed.