Thread: Backdoor.Win32.Clampi.a on Windows 7 RC

Backdoor.Win32.Clampi.a on Windows 7 RC

I just upgraded my operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7 RC. But already I am facing some serious security threat issues. I had downloaded Windows 7 RC on my computer. Then I went ahead and installed it on my computer and removed Windows Vista. But when I installed my antivirus after installing Windows a Backdoor.Win32.Clampi.a virus was detected. Can any one suggest methods to delete this virus and also some information on this virus. I am using AVG anti virus.

Re: Backdoor.Win32.Clampi.a on Windows 7 RC

The malicious program Backdoor.Win32.Clampi.a is a Trojan. As with all Trojan it is also dedicated for stealing data from the infected system. It is of 470 bytes in size. This Trojan then downloads various other virus codes from the server to hamper the performance of the infected system. This is a Windows Portable Executable .exe file.

My suggestion to you would to first install Avast anti virus rather then the AVG anti virus. I also earlier had installed AVG but always my computer used to get infected by some or the other malicious programs. I had to even format my computer twice. The Avast anti virus has a key feature of scanning your computer at boot time. Using this feature it can scan you computer even before the operating system is loaded. Download Avast Home Edition and scan your computer with the Boot time scan feature.

You can restore your system using the System Restore utility of Windows. Go to Start. Select All programs. Go to Accessories and select System Tools option. And then select the System Restore. This will help you Restore your system to a safe point. Even if this does not solves the issue then take the back-up of your data and format your Windows drive (generally the C Drive).