Thread: Windows 7 RC 64 print spooler problem under bootcamp

Windows 7 RC 64 print spooler problem under bootcamp

I have Canon MX 860 print server that connects with my computer over the network. I am running Windows 7 RC 64 with bootcamp on my macbookpro. Now the problem is of new generation. I am not able to install printer at all. it always says "local print spooler is not running etc. " when i look at print spooler it say "running" startmode "automatic". I had downloaded the Windows 7 print drivers for my Canon MX 860. It just won't install in Boot Camp. After i restart spooler and try to install a printer there comes the message:Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006be). Can any one tell me that why i'm having Windows 7 RC 64 print spooler problem under bootcamp? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7 RC 64 print spooler problem under bootcamp

Did you install the 64-bit version of the driver? I would check hardware. If its a new PC and your sure its not infected w/ malware. Run memtest over night and see what comes out of it. Was the driver signed by Canon or some vendor? Is the driver designed for Vista, 7, or XP 64-bit?

A quick simople fix to get your printers back applies to Windows 7 running natively on a MacBook Pro that has VMWare Fusion installed. Windows Vista/7 64-bit require signed drivers. If the drivers were not signed, then you should have received a red warning about unsigned drivers. Upon rebooting, Windows will automatically disable the unsigned drivers. You need to press F8 every time at boot-up and select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" to run unsigned drivers. Remove the following registry entry, reboot, and you're done.
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\ThinPrint Print Port Monitor for VMWare]

In fact the whole printing subsystem is broken in Boot Camp. Print Driver Isolation feature in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 allows some of the print driver components to be executed in a process (or processes) separate from the print spooler. Even thought the Print Spooler service says it's working, I get a message that it is not running when I try to add a printer, any printer, and the XPS printer is missing in action.

This may be a Boot Camp problem. This issue occurs because the Hewlett-Packard (HP) print driver uses an HPBmini.dll file ("HP Mini Installer") whose version is earlier than 1.0.0.13. In order to get rid of the above issue, you need to check out the following link. Hope so it may resolve your above issue.