Thread: Help with Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.albv

Help with Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.albv

I am using a Samsung NP-N310 laptop. It has got Windows XP Home Edition and Intel atom processor. Last Week I connected my laptop to internet through a Wifi, but it derived a trojan or virus from the internet. My computer helped me to delete that malicious program. It was a Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.albv virus. But how can I protect my Samsung laptop from such threats in future? Also share some knowledge on this virus and it removal method.

Re: Help with Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.albv

From the information on this Trojan, it was detected for the first time in 2009 March. It is of 23552-byte size. %WinDir%\system\svhost.exe is copied by the Trojan. Due to this is can thus register itself in the registry and hence even if one deletes this virus it keeps on coming back every time you restart your machine. It then attempts to disable the anti virus process.

As soon as your anti virus detects any such security-threats it is advisable to re-boot the computer in the safe mode. Also disconnect it from internet and unplug any USB drives and keep the disc drive empty. In the safe mode, scan your computer with your updated anti virus and delete the virus. To unable the safe mode re-boot your system and press on the f9 key.

In a scenario where you are aware of the fact that your system is infected by a Virus or a Trojan such as Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.albv but it keeps coming back even after deleting it, then according to me the immediate solution is System Restore. Get the back-up of all your important files in case if the re-stare goes wrongly. Then go to
    Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
    It the virus is not allowing you to restore your system, then format your Windows Drive (generally the C Drive).