Thread: How to Remove "SYSTEM SECURITY" rogue malware?

How to Remove "SYSTEM SECURITY" rogue malware?

Hi,

I have System Security 2009, a rogue anti-spyware program. Once it had found infected files which then I removed but now now I cannot get rid of all of the popups warning me about all the viruses, etc., etc., that have infected my computer. Now it says that to remove viruses from my computer I have to purchase the program. I eve tried to disable it but no thing happens. Now I want to remove it completely what should I do ?? How to Remove "SYSTEM SECURITY" rogue malware?

Re: How to Remove "SYSTEM SECURITY" rogue malware?

You probably infected with the security system through a Trojan misguiding as a video codec. Once installed, the program usually used to scare Rogue methods for informing the user's PC is infected with spyware similar infections, and other malware. Do NOT get fooled to pay for the Security System 2009. Instead, eliminate this scourge, just after detecting their malicious activity on your computer.

To RemoveSystem Security register keys:

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run systemsecurity

Rogue security products are one of the most common forms used by cybercriminals to try to earn extra money for living. They test applications to warn users of non-existent infections on their computers. In order to "eliminate" all malware detected, the user is encouraged to buy the product. It stop your computer dramatically. If your PC takes longer than usual to reboot or if your Internet connection is unusually slow, you may be infected with the Security System. To Stop System Security processes: you can use : %desktopdirectory%\ws\systemsecurity.exe

Security System is an anti-spyware program from the same family Winweb Security. This program is classified as a rogue, as it uses false scan results as a method of scaring you into purchasing the software. The worst part is that these applications are usually installed by other malware, which means removing the rogue application will not suffice. More detective work is necessary to eliminate the cause of the infection. To delete System Security files: Type

Code:
    %desktopdirectory%\system security.lnk
    %desktopdirectory%\ws\config.udb
    %desktopdirectory%\ws\init.udb
    %desktopdirectory%\ws\languages\english.lng
    %desktopdirectory%\ws\languages\german.lng
    %desktopdirectory%\ws\languages\spanish.lng
    %programs%\system security\system security.lnk

To remove System Security DLL files:

1. First locate the DLL files from system security to be deleted. Open the Windows Start menu, then "click Run. "Type" cmd "in Run, and click OK."

2. To change your current directory, type "cd" in the command line, press "blank, and type the full directory where the DLL file is located in the security system. If you are unsure if the DLL system Security is in a particular directory, type "dir" in the command line to display the contents of a directory. To go one directory back, enter "cd .." in the command box and press "Enter".

3. When you've located the DLL of the security system you want to remove, type "regsvr32/u SampleDLLName.dll" (eg, "regsvr32/u jl27script.dll") and press "Enter".

The system security malware is an infection that advertises a rogue anti virus protection program through system security virus pop ups. System Security 2009 certainly cannot remove anything because scan results are fake. And System Security 2009 can create folders and executables with random names. If you have no idea how to type a file name, but you know, which can possibly be, then you should try to find this file manually. Open Windows Explorer. Click the Tools menu and select Folder Options. Make hidden files visible. Type dir / a name_of_the_folder to the console. This lists all the files that reside in that folder. Hidden files will also be displayed. Simply delete the file using Windows Explorer by pressing the delete button.