Thread: Router issues with Windows 7

Router issues with Windows 7

I am having one desktop on which operating system is XP Pro and the laptop having Windows 7(64-Bit). I am using Linksys WRT54G router for the net connection. Whenever I log onto the Windows 7, it knocks my wireless out. A simple reboot fixes the issue but I want to get rid of it. When I had the desktop on Windows 7(64-Bit) and the laptop on Vista, I had to reboot the router for the laptop to get back on the network. Can any one will suggest what I should do..???

Re: Router issues with Windows 7

Even I was having some issues when I installed Windows 7. You can remove your protection enabled on your wireless by going to the settings of WPA2. I know this will make your wireless unprotected, but atleast try once doing this. When I changed the mentioned settings mine was working normally. If that works you will have to do some research on it.

You can try this. Boot your desktop to Windows 7 and check. I am sure that everything will work fine. Your laptop and desktop, when both running on same operating system i.e.Windows 7(64-Bit) will access the router without any issue. After doing proper settings of the router, boot your Desktop to XP. Then your desktop will have XP and laptop will have Windows 7 as you required. The router will just work fine.

Since you have Updated your Operating System from Vista to Windows 7, Make sure the Wireless Adapter which is installed on your computer, the Drivers for that are compatible with Windows 7. It might be happening because the adapter drivers are not compatible with Windows 7. Sometimes the drivers gets conflicted and the respected hardware is unable to use. Also check that If you have enable Wireless MAC Filter on your router, you can Turn off the Wireless MAC filter on your Router. This can also sort out your problem. Now try to see if you are getting connected to your wireless network. If that still doesn't work then update the drivers for your wireless adapter on your computer.