Thread: Information about TROJ_DELPACK.A and PE_DELPACK.A

Information about TROJ_DELPACK.A and PE_DELPACK.A

Last week one of my friend's desktop computer was attacked by a TROJ_DELPACK.A Trojan. Again after two days another virus PE_DELPACK.A got hold of his desktop. What are these malware? What modification do the actually cause? I need some information on both these malicious programs. How to stay safe from such malicious threats?

Re: Information about TROJ_DELPACK.A and PE_DELPACK.A

PE_DELPACK.A is a malware program. This programs get downloaded through some other malwares or malicious websites which advertise these malware programs. The PE_DELPACK.A is a virus that scans the machine to check if Portuguese is the system language. Only then it will force an attack. This is not a very high alert malware and any updated anti virus can detect and delete it easily.

To stay alert and always safe from any malware attacks your computer's firewall must be enabled. Also the anti-virus that you are using should be kept updated. I have the Avast anti virus which I feel is the best against any computer threats and malicious infection and can easily detect and delete the Virus, Trojan, Worm or any other malicious programs. If you do not have Avast I would suggest you to Download AVAST anti virus.

The TROJ_DELPACK.A has its components injected in the explorer.exe process in the infected host computer. The dll file of this trojan is transferred by PE_DELPACK.A. To make itself execute every time the computer starts this Trojan registers itself in the Browser Helper Object. This is the reason that even when the anti-virus detects it and deletes it, it can again reappear once the computer is re-booted. But this Trojan is not that harmful as it requires the help of many other components to run successfully.