Thread: Connecting to a Windows Domain to Mac OS

Connecting to a Windows Domain to Mac OS

Hi!

I want to say straight away that I have been quite a while, after appropriate instructions, etc. I searched, but have found nothing. I have a question that I have a new MacBook into a Windows domain integration network. Previously, the user always used a Windows OS, but now the switch should be on Mac. Due done by the then already existing user account in Active Directory that is basically "only" the switch. I want an appropriate guidance for connecting to a Windows Domain to Mac OS. It does not matter whether someone has a link for me or kindly can write their own instructions.

The following points I would like to know:

- Application of already existing users in AD on a MacBook
    - Automatic allocation of network drives (works with Windows OS, but it also runs on Mac?)

For quick help, I would be very grateful!

Re: Connecting to a Windows Domain to Mac OS

You're trying to access the server, not necessarily the domain. When you access a share on the server you must provide your username and password that is resident on the server (since the share of resident on the server too), not the one on your Mac

As for joining the domain, you have to do what Satcom recommends open access to directories. Next, SMB, can provide theworkgroup / domain name. If you're wanting to join in Active Directory, then configure the Active Directory option in Directory Access

To Connecting to a Windows Domain to Mac OS :

1) Add the computer account to AD in the desired unit.
    2) On the Mac, go to access directory services, Active Directory, configure
    3) Enter the appropriate Ad Forest, Domain and Computer Name (from Step 1), then bind
    4) When asked by the team to enter the LDAP OU OU (eg "cn = Organizational units, dc = mydomain, DC = com")
    5) After the union, click Advanced, select Cache last user authentication in various domains, including the preferred domain server and no AD user or group you want to give administrator rights to. It's best with 10.4 from 10.3, but not all management tasks can be completed by users in this list, although most can. Sometimes you need to manually add the management group after the user has logged the first time.
    6) Go to Services, LDAPv3, configure
    7) enter the LDAP server name or IP. If necessary, set "Use authentication when connecting" and enter the user's full name (for example, cn = username, cn = Users, dc = mydomain, DC = com) and password. If applicable, select "Use DHCP-supplied LDAP server".
    8) Go to the Authentication, Custom and add the path AD and LDAP entries that you created earlier

Try excluding the share name. If approved, will give you the option to select the part you want (unless it is to access an administrative appeal, in which case there is the "$" symbol after the name of the share). Or simply you can do is: enter the domain as part of the user name as you would in the Windows dialog box comparable, which separates the domain user name with a backslash "\".