Thread: Instructions for cleaning deletemusic virus

Instructions for cleaning deletemusic virus

I am using my USB drive frequently for transferring music. I think due to which my windows has infected. I am using Windows Vista. I have a ESET antivirus in my system. The virus has corrupted some of my mp3 files. On scanning it is not detected but I doubt that there is definitely this virus which is spoiling my data. What are the removal instructions for it.

Re: Instructions for cleaning deletemusic virus

Deletemusic is a virus that spreads via shared disks or removable media (USB keys, external drives, etc.).. When the user connects an infected disk to a computer, the virus attempts to run automatically copy itself on connected disks, then delete the MP3 files found on the infected computer. It is better recommended you must run a full system and scan under safe mode.

Look for this names of file and delete them manually. You can find them in the Windows directory. You can also search for them and delete it. virus.Win32.AutoRun.ah, W32/Deletemp3.worm, Win32/AutoRun.AH, Trj/Autorun.J, W32/DelMP3-A, W32.Deletemusic, WORM_DELF.HXZ, etc. Use a good antivirus like norton or mcafee.

Deletemusic is a virus that spreads via shared disks or removable media (USB keys, external hard drives, etc..). When the user connects an infected disk to a computer, the virus runs automatically when the system is configured to launch the file AUTORUN.INF in the disc (NB: this file is not a malicious file itself. C ' is a file that defines the instructions to follow when a new disc is detected by the system and which is otherwise normally present on disks that are not infected).The virus then copies itself to the hard drive to locations C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ config \ csrss.exe and C: \ WINDOWS \ media \ arena.exe.

Once the virus enters your system then it attempts to spread by copying csrss.exe (Deletemusic the virus itself) and autorun.inf (file automating their execution) in the disks connected to A: to Z:, then delete the MP3 files found on computer disks. The file locations are hard coded in the virus code, it fails to run properly under Windows 2000. Given its mode of spread, the virus is not expected a significant circulation: the media treatment he has been mainly due to the fact that target MP3 files, which is however not new, since viruses like Klez.E in 2002 or Nopir.B in 2005 already had this feature. The virus, however Deletemusic can be downloaded and executed by a virus or other malicious program, or arrive as an attachment.