Thread: NEW PICTURES OF FAMILY and FAMILY PICTURES email threats

NEW PICTURES OF FAMILY and FAMILY PICTURES email threats

I have recently heard about the email virus or spam emails which contains virus that has the subject as NEW PICTURES OF FAMILY and FAMILY PICTURES. What are these email threats what changes do they cause. Also which anti virus should one used to secure own computer from such email threats, viruses, Trojans, malware and other security threats?

Re: NEW PICTURES OF FAMILY and FAMILY PICTURES email threats

This is hoax and false email. It is completely untrue. There is no such Virus yet detected. It is said that the FAMILY PICTURES virus email contians the following text:
    Intel announced that a new and very destructive virus was discovered recently. If you receive an email called "FAMILY PICTURES," do not open it. Delete it right away! This virus removes all dynamic link libraries (.dll files) from your computer. Your computer will not be able to boot up.
    But Intel has not made any such official announcements yet.

DO NOT OPEN "NEW PICTURES OF FAMILY" It is a virus that will erase your whole "C" drive. It will come to you in the form of an E-Mail from a familiar person. I repeat a friend sent it to me, but called & warned me before I opened it. He was not so lucky and now he cant even start his computer!

Forward this to everyone in your address book. I would rather receive this 25 times than not at all.

Also: Intel announced that a new and very destructive virus was discovered recently. If you receive an email called "FAMILY PICTURES," do not open it. Delete it right away! This virus removes all dynamic link libraries (.dll files) from your computer. Your computer will not be able to boot up.
    These are the contents of the fraud email which states that NEW PICTURES OF FAMILY and FAMILY PICTURES is a spam virus mail. Please do not forward this message. No one has been infected by any such threats. It is spreading like grapevine. Many users have already forwarded this rumor to many of their contact list ids. But this is false email.

The email which you have mentioned are only rumor. This is no truth in those emails at all, so there is no need to panic. But yes you should always have a secured Anti virus installed on your system to protect it from hackers who intend to send Trojan droppers , virus , worms and other malware types. You may Download any of the following anti virus: AVAST, AVG, NORTON or McAfee.