Thread: How to remove Mytob.FT

How to remove Mytob.FT

I have received some mails which has e cards in it. I opened them and then suddenly after that there are many and regular e cards coming in my computer regularly. I had deleted them and because of which pop ups are also coming. I have a free scanner antivirus but they are not so powerful. The virus is detected mytob.ft. What kind of virus is this.

Re: How to remove Mytob.FT

Mytob.FT is a virus that spreads through email. It comes in the form of a message purportedly sent by the provider or the recipient's organization, with a file. Zip protected by a password provided in the text. If the file contained in this archive is executed, the virus sends itself to addresses harvested from the computer and then attempts to perform various malicious actions.

The alias name of virus is TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen. It is also known by W32.IRCBot.Gen, Net-Worm.Win32.Mytob.ft, etc. Some antivirus like Avast has defined the virus as Win32: Mytob-TC, in the same way according to AVG detects it as Generic7.CXR. As you see that it has been identified by many antivirus application. So if you use a good antivirus then it is not a major problem.

The virus enters in the system via a email message title is variable and attempts to attract attention or interest of the recipient. Some examples: are ALERT, Visa and Mastercard, You've received an E-Card from a dear friend and Your account has been suspended for over usage. Download and install a good antivirus for this which can scan each mail before reading it.