Thread: Netgear SC101 is not found

Netgear SC101 is not found

Hi,

I recently bought the Netgear SC101 SAN. A great way to back up his data on the network and make it accessible to all computers. But when installed on a PC. On the first PC, the installation went quite smoothly. Managing the software immediately recognized the SAN. But on another PC I have tried everything possible, but the software does not simply recognize the drive. What is the wrong ???

Re: Netgear SC101 is not found

The reason is quite simple. Managing the software seems to recognize only the SAN when it is available in the first network to be scanned. For me it is so that I have even installed a TV card. This uses a separate network area, which the Managing Software searches first and then can not find anything - stupid wrong. I've figured out the problem until after I sat down with the supplied command line tool "ut.exe apart. This tool shows me that it is looking in all the existing network areas and only in the past - the right - is looking for. So I disabled the other network areas and the SAN have been found and mapped the "drive" could be (attached). Following the other areas of the network could be re-activated.

Download latest firmware and software version. Disable the TV card in the system ie with the right to disable the connection characteristics. Those who want to buy something similar and also willing to spend a few rupees more, which I can recommend the Storage Center from DLink. This runs with S-ATA HDDs.

These problems appear to be totally resolved by this sequence. Clean the lost unity of record as follows :
    "I think the problem here is another entry in the log that is showing the mounted unit and ....
    Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ZNS\Client

Click on each number below the customer number and see if the drive you are trying to mount already coexist? If so, remove the key and restart then just reassemble the unit of choice in the SCM software Management. Example: If you are trying to set up a unit called the SC101 and you know it is not already mounted, however, sees a key in the Windows registry path above then you think you already mounted on that drive and must be remove to fool Windows into thinking the drive is not mounted so it can reassemble the unit again. "