Thread: 1394 adapter won't use hardline cable

Exclamation 1394 adapter won't use hardline cable

i just re-installed my computer from vista to windows 7 then back to windows xp because windows 7 couldn't play any of my music. well when i re-installed the new xp it doesn't allow me to connect to the internet. i went to the device manager and it says the device is working properly. well i had to install a wireless linksys cable and the internet starting working for that adapter. the weird thing is that it doesn't have the local area connection just the 1394 running at 400mbps. and next to it my wireless adapter of course. i tried everything. i spent a couple hours so far trying to download the driver version which is 5.1.2535.0 on a couple sites. but they make me try and download that stupid driver robot or some kind of program that scans your pc. everytime i click download that crap blocks me from downloading it. and it always asks me to use internet explorer too which i thought was weird. im sure there some kind of reasoning behind it. any help would be so appreciated. just a link to download the adapters. and i can't roll back the drivers either. and nor do i have the disc that the drivers came on. i thought i had the disk but it says it couldnt find the appropriate drivers so i dont know.

Re: 1394 adapter won't use hardline cable

If you are getting drivers from any site then it will does not work. It important to determine the operating system and the hardware which your using. There are drivers separately for Windows XP and Windows Vista and so on. If you trying to install a driver of different version then it will not work. Now there is two way to make your network adapter work. First go in Device Manager and uninstall the card. Restart your computer. Then insert your disc and let windows find appropriate driver. Second if you are using a LAN card then find out the manufacture of the card by opening the case. It is written on it. Go to the official site and download drivers for Windows XP.