Thread: HCL desktop attacked by JS/Agent.FA

HCL desktop attacked by JS/Agent.FA

I am using a HCL AXP2812 desktop for the last two months. It was all working fine till two days ago. Now whenever I boot my desktop it alerts me with a malicious program threat. It says something as JS/Agent.FA detected. I have no idea as to how to delete it. Also suggest me some reliable anti virus and information about JS/Agent.FA malicious program.

Re: HCL desktop attacked by JS/Agent.FA

This is a Trojan program which if not detected and deleted can create many unnecessary changes to your system. This Trojan is known to redirect the user of the infected machine to some malicious websites. It also attacks the Pop-up blocker web browsers such as Internet Explorer. Microsoft has given a High Alert Level for JS/Agent.FA Trojan. As soons as this Trojan is detected delete it with your Anti virus.

I am using a Laptop- Sony Vaio which was also infected by this same trojan. It always used to keep on displaying number of pops up advertisements whenever I connected my laptop to internet. I re-booted my laptop in Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key when it started to re-boot. Once in Safe Mode you can then scan your computer using your anti virus to delete the trojan from your desktop.

Thank you all but I safe mode is not the solution for me. I tried to restart my HCL AXP2812 desktop in safe mode as suggested by clicking on the function key f8 when the initial vendor screen appeared. After restarting my desktop in safe I performed a full system scan, but the JS/Agent.FA Trojan was not detected. When I restarted my desktop in normal mode it was again displaying the same threat alert message. Suggest some other methods for please.

Try to restore your computer. Go to the bottom-left of your desktop and click on Start button. Go to All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. The Windows operating system will then query you for selecting a previous safe point to restore your desktop. This will then restore help you to restore your desktop to its earlier safe point. Now you can update your anti virus program and perform a full scan of your desktop to terminate the virus or trojan.