Thread: "No route to host" while setting Clonezilla

"No route to host" while setting Clonezilla

I'm having trouble cloning my client Freenas. Let me explain:

I currently have three zones: red, orange and green. My client are at green area and my Freenas is in orange box under XenServer. All PCs have fixed IP.

- Green IP range: 192.168.1.x
    - Orange IP range: 192.168.2.x
    - Of Conventional switches connect the areas between them.
    - No communication problems from orange to green or green to orange as other servers, which uses the Green Zone, are virtualized in orange and everything is working properly after opening ports.

Two days ago, I tried to clone a client on a shared NFS Freenas using Clonezilla livecd. Setting Clonezilla in 192.168.1.x (not taken) and then indicate the ip Freenas and path of my nfs shares. Result: Failed "No route to host". You have had access to the 192.168.1.x network in the NFS share properties. I tried again by replacing 192.168.2.x in all settings but as I expected it was worse.

So:
    - Should we open a special port to orange to green? (if so I do not see why because the traffic is from green to orange and it seemed that everything was allowed)
    - The fact that I go to a different IP range and IP range of arrival is not supported by my switches, ipcop or Freenas ?

Re: "No route to host" while setting Clonezilla

Of Conventional switches connect the areas between them.
    I didn't understand anything!

1st point: is there BOT? (this would be a shame to deny them: it is the only way to control what happens)
    2nd point: what are the ports used by NFS? (alternative: it would difficult for NFS through a firewall?)
    3rd point: what ip config for a client? (alternative: ip, mask, gateway, dns?)
    4th point: is nfs the only protocol used for Clonezilla? (there is also ssh or samba may be easier)
    5th point: is that Orange is the best place for a server that serves only pc in Green?

As it seems very confusing, it seems logical that there is no response.

I didn't understand anything! -----> Ok, I thought I was clear in my explanation, but obviously this is not the case

1st point: is there BOT? (this would be a shame to deny them: it is the only way to control what happens) ----> no, I have not yet installed this addon because I have not yet studied its mode and thus at once its settings but it's my next step (perhaps you will think that I have put the cart before the horse ........ I hear ....)

2nd point: what are the ports used by NFS? (alternative: it would difficult for NFS through a firewall?) ----> Port 2049 (tcp / udp) open from orange to green. Open Ports in desperation because the transfers are made from green to orange off I thought of orange to green everything was open

3rd point: what ip config for a client? (alternative: ip, mask, gateway, dns?) ----> said in my post .... Client is in the green zone with the IP range as 192.168.1.x (mask 255.255.255.0, gateway: 192.168.1.2, DNS: ISP Orange)

4th point: is nfs the only protocol used for Clonezilla? (there is also ssh or samba may be easier) ----> no, Freenas can handle the ssh and samba. I admit I do not yet have tested these two protocols but I'd like to know why it hangs with nfs before changing my tune.

5th point: is that Orange is the best place for a server that serves only pc in Green? ----> No, of course not, his place would have been logically green. I've discovered the principle of virtualization hypervisor after installing my network on the green zone. My hypervisor "contains" several servers to be accessible from outside, so I placed this machine in orange zone. Taking advantage of the hardware configuration of the relatively large tower that houses my Xenserver, I also took the opportunity to virtualize Freenas and therefore that is why it is in orange box. Of course as soon as my funds allow me to stay, the Freenas will be moved to green zone (but not soon and I am aware of the danger to a particular machine (virtual or not) in orange zone) .

As it seems very confusing, it seems logical that there is no response ----> I hope it will be less confused now .....

switches between areas: between zones, there should be only ipcop and certainly not switches!

(I hope that is not virtualized ipcop ...)

1st point: with BOT its easy, we declare each flow that is needed (of course good to know what is fact and what is based on ...)

2nd point: NFS: It's been very long since I've played! I knew 111/udp (portmapper) and 2049/udp + tcp but in fact it is much more complex than that (with NFS v3). In short I would do anything to avoid NFS!

3rd point: config ip: the indication "No route to host" is characteristic of incomplete config (in 2 directions). And even with "switches"?

4th point: ssh = 1 single port (but slower), samba is more discouraged than between areas, and NFS does not seem easy. Brief server ssh Green Zone and it won.

5th point: answered.

Alas, I still do not understand the general architecture and why we should use an Orange server to store images.

While no IPCop is not virtualized, I installed it on a PC Recycling.

Architecture:
    ............................................................Internet................................ ..................................................
    .................................................................|.................................. .....................................................
    ..............................................Modem/router (LAN = 192.168.0.1).......................................................
    .................................................................|.................................. .....................................................
    .............................................Interface Red IPCop (192.168.0.2)..........................................................
    ..............................................................IPCOP................................. .................................................
    ...............................................---------------|---------------....................................................................
    ...............................................|.....................................|.............. .....................................................
    ...........Interface Green (192.168.1.2)..........................Interface Orange (192.168.2.2)............................
    ............................|.....................................................................|. .....................................................
    ........................Switch.............................................................Switch... ...............................................
    ............................|.....................................................................|. .....................................................
    ...........|............................|...|...|...|..................................Server Xen (192.168.2.x) (Freenas, etc).....
    ......PDC (192.168.1.x).......Clients (192.168.1.x)
    I hope this is clearer.

You had to understand one thing that "each area has its own switch" instead of "of conventional switches connect the areas between them". OK, but acknowledge that what was written is very dangerous.

When using Clonezilla (partimage) you must store the image produced, or read the image to restore a storage space.
    (In recent years, I had never used any disk space in addition to separate C: and D:, including servers for Windows or Linux. I recommend it to everyone since the day you saturate space, you have an immediate solution waiting.)

This space may be local (another disk, another partition, a USB drive) on a space accessible by ssh, samba, nfs.

When we try, the easiest is the USB drive and whatever the type of partition (fat32, ext3, ntfs). (Note maximum sizes of each file system!)

For network storage, undoubtedly, it is much easier to use ssh because there is only one port. Note that a limit will be high speed network (in addition to the encryption of ssh).

In the case of version Clonezilla Server (DRBL), the multi-zone issue is not directly operational, of course!