Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Do you know difference between encryption and decryption?

Networking & Security

Old 30-11-2009

Do you know difference between encryption and decryption?

Hi All,

I need your help to solve my problem. Only thing which I know that encryption and decryption are the method which is used in the the internet security. But know in details about the encryption and decryption.

What is the difference between Encryption and decryption? Please provide me some details about it...

Old 30-11-2009

Re: Do you know difference between encryption and decryption?

Hi friends,

*. Encryption is the process in which readable text is converts into the unreadable text. In which the readable text is referred as "Plain text" while unreadable text is referred as cipher text.

*. Decryption is the process in which unreadable text is converts back into the readable text

*. There are two types cipher techniques are available which are "stream" and "Block" cipher. The public key and private keys are the two keys are used either for encryption or for decryption.

*. The strength of the encryption or the decryption is depends upon the length of the private of public key.
Old 30-11-2009

Hi,

The conversion of text data into a ciphertext form called as Encryption. On other hand the conversion of ciphertext form into text data called as Decryption.

There are two types of the methods which is used for the Encryption.

1.Secret key encryption: I is also referred as symmetric encryption

2. Public key encryption: I is also referred as Asymmetric encryption .

Encryption and Decryption is the ultimate weapon in the war of the computer security.
Old 30-11-2009

Use of the Internet increase the vulnerability, and to secure the very sensible information data encryption is very important.

Encryption algorithm is used of the Encryption process . Encryption algorithm includes very complicated mathematical operations to achieve the decryption and encryption.

Algorithm of the Encryption provides particular data strings for Encryption key which comprises binary numbers or large strings. Large string keys make very strong encryption which is not very easy to decrypt.
Old 30-11-2009

Hi friends,

Following are some points regarding encryption and decryption:

1. The decryption process is the reverse process of the encryption.

2. Encryption process is used to make data which is non-readable to the normal user. While in decryption process is used to make readable data which is previously encrypted.

3.In nowadays one of the essential use of the encryption process is to encrypt the emails. Public & private keys are used in this process.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , ,