Thread: Detected BackDoor.Generic.75 in Windows XP

Detected BackDoor.Generic.75 in Windows XP

I have downloaded the free edition of AVG antivirus and it has detected BackDoor.Generic.75 in Windows XP located at the system 32 folder with the name winxp.exe. Since, I am using a free edition of AVG, I cant delete it using the antivirus, so I thought of removing it through safe mode. But, it is of no use because whenever I restart my system after removing it in safe mode, it seems to have come back. I cant understand why this is happening because I thought that viruses do no execute in safe mode. Kindly help me with suitable solution to this problem.

Re: Detected BackDoor.Generic.75 in Windows XP

The antivirus, that is AVG has detected BackDoor.Generic.75 in Windows XP. This is not actually a virus, but a trojan and the name itself metions that it is a backdoor too. The job of a backdoor is to simply download and install unwanted and malicious softwares/codes onto the system which means you cannot say that what all infections exist on your system. So, ultimately you have only one option left, that is to format your system and install a fresh copy of Windows XP with a full version of well updated antivirus.

You have detected BackDoor.Generic.75 in Windows XP which is a trojan. If you cannot remove the infection even after starting the system in safe mode, it means that many infections are executing on the system. A method to remove such infections are boot-scanning the system, that is scanning the system even before the infection can execute on the system. This occurs before windows startup and such features are provided with antiviruses like Quick Heal.

To remove trojans and backdoors like BackDoor.Generic.75, good spywares such as SPYWARE DOCTOR is need. The antiviruses only detect such BackDoor.Generic.75 infections. Spywares remain behind the system and check for malicious codes and activities running in the system. This is the best eradication method of malwares and backdoors. If dont install spywares as soon as possible, then it will dangerously affect your system.