Thread: How to eradicate Win32.Perrun.a?

How to eradicate Win32.Perrun.a?

I am using ESCAN antivirus and I have got a security alert for Win32.Perrun.a. I had deleted it from option provided in the antivirus, but still on scanning I get results for Win32.Perrun.a as many of the files in various folders. I wanted anyone to tell me how to eradicate Win32.Perrun.a? Isnt ESCAN not capable of removing it. If not, please suggest some other antivirus. What are the infections that it must have done in the system? I am using Windows Vista Home edition as the operating system.

Re: How to eradicate Win32.Perrun.a?

Win32.Perrun.a is actually a worm and it comes under the category of viruses and spyware. Its threat level is low but, since it is a worm, it spreads into the system by using all the resources into the system, thus making the system slow. As you have mentioned that you can find many files on the system with the name Win32.Perrun.a. it means that it has spread on a large scale on the computer. In such cases, the only eradication method is to format the system and install a fresh copy of the operating system that you are using.

Re: How to eradicate Win32.Perrun.a?

Win32.Perrun.a is a worm and a worm spreads into whatever place it can. So you cannot detect each and every file where it has spread. You have to boot-scan the system with AVAST antivirus as during boot scan the infection cannot execute and remove the infections before the windows can start up. This only how you can eradicate Win32.Perrun.a.