Thread: How dangerous is Univ.B virus?

How dangerous is Univ.B virus?

I am using Windows Vista OS and my antivirus is McAfee. I like to keep my system safe from all types of infections. Recently, while browsing through the web, I came across the name Univ.B virus. I wanted to know that how dangerous Univ.B virus could be if it infects my system. What are the threats that it poses and is McAfee capable of removing this virus if it enters my system. If not, what antivirus tool should I use?

Re: How dangerous is Univ.B virus?

You want to know how dangerous Univ.B virus is, then you can be calm because it is not that destructive as the other viruses and trojans. But, I dont think that McAfee is a recommended antivirus to use for any of the infections. The best antivirus I have ever used is AVG because it has a better updation of the virus databases as compared to the antivirus that you are using. But, you need not worry because this virus has not spread on a faster rate till now.
    Last edited by Steve123; 28-11-2009 at 02:08 AM.

I have not heard about Univ.B virus, so I cannot tell how dangerous it Univ.B virus is. Well however dangerous the virus may be, there is always a way to eradicate it. Boot-scan is the recommended way to remove any types of viruses. In boot-scan, the scan takes place even before windows can load. That means that the scan will take place even before the virus execution takes place. Antiviruses such as AVAST help you with the feature of boot-scan.

The danger level of Univ.B virus is very low, so no need to worry about it. You can easily find it out by scanning with any good antivirus software. But, try using any other antivirus like Kaspersky which has a good updation value of the database. But, ultimately you will also have a last eradication method, that is formatting. You should run a scheduled scan in your system and avoid this method of formatting.
    Last edited by Zachary; 28-11-2009 at 03:10 AM.