Thread: Threat: Win32/Taterf.B worm

Threat: Win32/Taterf.B worm

My laptop- Aspire Timeline always displays a Threat: Win32/Taterf.B worm when I power it on. I am not that technically sound. I very rarely use internet. I want to remove this threat as soon as possible. Will this threat which is a worm, will make make way for other viruses and Trojans? Provide some knowledge about this threat. Help please.

Re: Threat: Win32/Taterf.B worm

If you have an anti virus installed then your anti virus is displaying the alert stating that it has detected a worm- Win32/Taterf.B. You can just delete this worm by using your anti virus to scan all your hard drives. Next time when the alert message is displayed you can select delete and then scan your hard drives to delete any instances of that worm.

This WORM: Win32/Taterf.B also infected my Dell machine. There were folders created by this worm which I was unable to delete. I had shortlisted a few symptoms for detecting the WORM: Win32/Taterf.B in its initial stage. This worm will create <system folder>\gasretyw<number>.dll file and also the <system folder>\kamsoft.exe file. If at any instance you locate this file in your machine the WORM: Win32/Taterf.B has surely attacked your machine.

My desktop also was attacked by this Win32/Taterf.B worm. To remove this worm. I disconnected my desktop from the internet. Then I used my anti virus to scan my desktop in safe mode. To boot your computer in safe mode you have to restart it first and then press the F8 key when the vendor logo appears. I then scanned my desktop in safe mode and deleted the worm permanently.

This worm is very familiar on systems used for gaming purpose. The reason simply being that the worm's intention is to hack the account and login information for games that are popular on internet. The worm installs itself on the host system with two components: the payload component and the loader component. The next action it performs that the files:
    <system folder>\gasretyw<number>.dll - This is the Payload component.
    <system folder>\kamsoft.exe - This is the Loader component.
    Both the above files will have the system, read-only and hidden attributes.

This is a worm rated severe alert level by Microsoft. This is really a serious threat as it is known to even attack on the anti-virus. The Kaspersky anti-virus and Rising anti-virus are unable to trace down this Win32/Taterf.B malicious worm. I use Avast Home Edition and I am very much secured using it. Download Avast anti virus and scann your computer to detect and delete the malicious worm permanently.