Thread: Trojan: Win32/Alureon.CT on Dell Studio

Trojan: Win32/Alureon.CT on Dell Studio

My brand new Dell Studio 15 laptop seems to be infected with Trojan: Win32/Alureon.CT. Whenever I boot laptop my Norton Internet Security antivirus generates an alert message. Also this message appears sometimes in between while I am browsing on the internet. My Norton Internet Security antivirus is unable to trace it, but my friends have complained that a Trojan: Win32/Alureon.CT is always found in their pen-drives which they had plugged in my laptop. Give me a valid solution.

Re: Trojan: Win32/Alureon.CT on Dell Studio

Even I had am facing the same issue in my laptop. I am not aware from where this Win32/Alureon.CT trojan has rooted to my system. I tried to scan my laptop using AVG but this did not solved the issue for me. It keeps on popping up messages regarding my Windows operating system updates although my automatic updates are turned off.

Safe mode might solve the issue. Restart your computer in Safe mode. To restart your computer in Safe mode, restart your computer as usual and then keep on tapping the f8 function key once the initial black screen occurs. Now with the help of the arrow keys select Safe mode. Perform a full system scan using your respective anti virus.

I scenned my Dell Studio laptop by restarting it in safe mode. Initially there were no pop-ups, but when I used a pen drive and then scanned that pen drive from my friend's desktop, it detected that same Trojan: Win32/Alureon.CT. At now the pop-ups are also appearing though less often. Please help me to get rid of this trojan.

If safe mode is not working then try the System Restore application This application will restore your laptop to an earlier safe point. To restore your laptop go to:
    Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
    This will prompt you to select a restore point. Select an appropriate restore point and restore your laptop.

I tried to perform system restore for my laptop but it did not happen. the reason being that my laptop does not has any system restore point. It seems the trojan has already eaten up the system restore points. Suggest some real helpful ways to completely delete this Trojan: Win32/Alureon.CT from my laptop. All my attempts are failing.

As the Trojan's basic definition states even this Win32/Alureon.CT Trojan is capable of sending the data of the user from the user's system to a remote (hacker) machine. This trojan belongs to a family if Trojans called as Alureon. The trojans from this family are famous to alter the DNS (Domain Name System) settings of a system. This allows the attacker to serve the user of infected system with an improper IP address to redirect the user to a hacking website which the user is unaware of.