Thread: What is netpersec.exe

What is netpersec.exe

Hey guys,, i am in need of urgent help.

Today when i was working on my Windows Xp computer, i found a process named netpersec.exe running in my Task Manager. i have never seen this before and so i am afraid. Is it any kind of Virus or trojan ? Please help me soon...

Thanks in advance..

Re: What is netpersec.exe

You don't need to worry about this. NetPerSec.exe is a process that measures the real-time speed of your Internet connection and is not any kind of virus or trojan. Due to network traffic, actual speeds are often slower than what is promised. Cable modems are fast unless many of your neighbors are sharing the line; such modems can slow down considerably with a heavy load. In such case , NetPerSec helps you to measure what speed you are getting from your internet connection.

netpersec.exe is a user invoked program and a normal part of PC operations. You don't need to terminate it. It is a startup program program process measures real-time internet connection. Netpersec.exe is an executable file is not the Microsoft Windows operating system process.It is a safe component and there is no need for this process to end your system.

The NetPerSec is a utility that allows the user to check the connection speed of his system to the internet. NetPerSec also monitors all the TCP/IP activity from the internet or from other networks, and graphs the communication speed of the computer through the internet. The NetPerSec has a dynamic tray icon that shows sent and received activity, the report is shown through a bar graph or a histogram. For the user to see the detailed report of every activity, a main window of the program can be opened to view current and average send and receive speeds in a configurable graphical display. The user can also adjust the sampling rate and the user is allowed to see the amount of data used to compute average.

The NetPerSec monitors all activity in TCP/IP network and the program can work with any type of connection, including modem, cable, DSL, and T1. The NetPerSec is a utility that can also monitor the user's activity over an internet connection and over a local or wide area network.

NetPerSec provides the visual C/C++6.0 source code so the utility can properly operate under Microsoft Windows operating system. NetPerSec appears in the system tray as an icon. The icon of the utility provides visual feedback by changing the data transmitted from a certain system. The histogram and the bar graph are the two types of icons that NetPerSec offers. The netpersec.exe is a program file that was developed by Mark Sweeney, President of SeaMist Software.

Source: exe.paretologic.com