Thread: Infected by JS/Agent.FA trojan

Infected by JS/Agent.FA trojan

I have very recently purchased a new Sony Vaio VGN-P15G/R laptop. I was really amazed at its design, but that was just for days as my laptop seems to be already infected by a trojan. Since the last four days whenever I boot my laptop there is a message displayed by my Norton Anti-virus regarding a trojan- JS/Agent.FA. But when I select to delete it that time Norton is unable to delete that trojan. Help me to get rid of this trojan.
    Last edited by Jarini; 26-11-2009 at 02:08 AM.

Re: Infected by JS/Agent.FA trojan

To delete this JS/Agent.FA Trojan you will need to perform a full system scan in safe mode. You can use your own anti-virus or download Avast anti-virus which is very helpful to protect and detect - delete such Trojans. I performed the following steps to delete this Trojan from my machine using Avast. I rebooted my machine in safe mode by restarting my machine and tapping the f8 key to enter in the safe mode. In safe mode I selected the boot time scan option in Avast which then prompted me to restart my system. After I restarted my system as prompted it scanned my system before my operating system loads and deleted the Trojan. Try Avast anti-virus.

This trojan is indeed a malicious Javascript that is embedded in a web page. The intent of this trojans is to beats the pop-up blocker from blocking the unnecessary pop-ups. This javascript disables pop-up blocking from Internet Explorer, Google Toolbar and even the anti-virus Norton Internet Security. The trojan JS/Agent.FA will then enforce to redirect your web pages to malicious websites there by seeking to download further malicious files to execute on the user machine.

You must always keep your computer up-to-date. There is an Automatic Update feature available with Windows XP to update your operating system automatically. This also helps you to update the latest Microsoft security updates. If in case your Automatic Updates is turned off you can turn it On by clicking on the Start button or the Windows Key on your keyboard and going to the Control Panel. Once the control panel window appears search for the System icon and click on it. Now click on Automatic Updates. Here make a selection for settings. It is recommended by Microsoft to always keep the settings at Automatic.