Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Threat: Zero Day Powerpoint vulnerability

Networking & Security

Old 25-11-2009

Threat: Zero Day Powerpoint vulnerability

I do not know how but I am very much sure that my desktop is infected by a threat. It says something as Zero Day Powerpoint vulnerability whenever I try to open my Microsoft Powerpoint. I am using PowerPoint 2003 Service Pack 3. My operating system is Windows XP. I am not able to terminate this malicious program. This has also infected my laptop that has Mac installed and I am using Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac on my laptop. Please need help.

Old 25-11-2009

Re: Threat: Zero Day Powerpoint vulnerability

Yes, it is a malicious program that makes way to your computer more commonly through an email. There may be an instance where you got an email with powerpoint attachment and it was probably this malicious program. This illegal program will then deny any access to Microsoft Powerpoint. The other way through which this infection can occur is visiting a malicious website. Try to scan your computer with your anti virus.

Last edited by Snake08 : 25-11-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 25-11-2009

No, this threat is not getting deleted by my AVG anti virus. I had installed AVG anti-virus on my desktop. But when I scan my computer completely with AVG anti virus it is unable to trace any such virus or threat. But whenever I try to open my Microsoft Powerpoint it just pops-up the error message. Can any one suggest some other anti virus.
Old 25-11-2009

It seems that your AVG is not able to update itself. My Dell system was also infected by this powerpoint trojan. I was suggested to use McAfee anti-virus to delete this trojan. I thus, installed McAfee and this helped me to delete the powerpoint trojan. And so my suggestion is to download McAfee and boot your system in Safe Mode and perform a full system scan.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,