Thread: Peacomm an email virus

Peacomm an email virus

Nowadays there are lots of virus coming from emails. In my PC a virus named Peacomm has created a lot of nuisance. There are many free e-postcards sent to my mail and when anyone opens it the antivirus shows up warning. How to avoid such kind of threats in mails. If some one knows about the above information you can reply. please reply.

Re: Peacomm an email virus

Peacomm is a type of malicious program Trojan. With its many variants, it is part of the infection Storm worm designed to infect computers maximum. It appears as an empty email with a file whose extension is. Exe, trying to pass himself off for a particular dispatch news, a virtual greeting card or a message to sexual or referring to Valentine.

Here is the list of virus names which are related to this. Delete this types of files once found.TR / Dldr.Small.DBX, TR/Small.DBY.B, TR/Crypt.ULPM.Gen, Win32:Tibs-AFP, Downloader.Tibs, Trojan.Agent.AHS, Trojan.Downloader-647, Trojan.Downloader.TaberMartyn-112, BackDoor.Groan, W32/Downloader.AYDY, etc. If you finds this types of email delete it and start your antivirus and scan your system.

Peacomm is a malicious program Trojan horse, that is to say a hostile program unable to multiply and spread by itself unlike viruses. However, it may arrive in an attachment to an email because the author uses the technique of spamming for distribution. The attachment is a file whose size is 29 KB (29,347 bytes) like Full Clip.exe, Video.exe, Read More.exe, etc. It is better to avoid such kinds of files or emails.