Thread: Cant remove .txt file from pen drive

Cant remove .txt file from pen drive

I have recently purchased an 8 GB i-ball pen drive and I used it to transfer data many a times. The problem is that I am not able to delete some of the hidden .txt files. I tried formatting the it, but still I cannot remove the .txt files from the pen drive. I can view these files by going to properties, then selecting ready boost and after that by clicking resolve now. If anybody has any idea about the problem please recommend me some solution. I am using the operating system, Windows Vista.
    Last edited by Elbanco; 25-11-2009 at 11:41 PM.

Re: Cant remove .txt file from pen drive

Your problem is that you are not able to view or delete the .txt files from the pen drive you have. When you open the pen drive, do the following steps if you want to view these hidden files:
    1. Go to tools.
    2. Now, select folder options
    3. Click in the radio-button with the option to view all the hidden files and folders.

Now, try to delete these files manually. You will hopefully get rid of them.

Re: Cant remove .txt file from pen drive

If you are not able to remove the text files in your pen drive, that are hidden too, even after formatting means that your system has been infected with some kind of virus and those text files are not actually text files, but some kind of virus. They must have disguised themselves as text files. If you have another higher version of operating system like windows 7, insert your pen drive after logging into windows 7 and format the pen drive, before you open it. The other operating system need to be removed and a fresh copy of the same need to be installed or else these virus may get into every externals you insert into this operating system. But, windows 7 will be free of this virus.

Re: Boot scan is a solution to many of the viruses

I think the .txt file is actually some kind of virus, that executes whenever you insert your pen drive or any of the portables. That is why you cannot remove it even after formatting it. But, for every problem there is a solution. I am pretty sure that boot scan is a solution to many kinds of viruses and trojans. So, this one too must be removed by enabling a boot scan. Following is the link of the antivirus that has the feature of boot scan:
    AVAST ANTIVIRUS