Thread: VPN Server problem on Windows 7

VPN Server problem on Windows 7

I have a PC at home running Windows 7 Beta. I have a DSL connection with a wireless DSL gateway/router connected to my home computer running the VPN server. I have 3 networks connections , and my VPN using one of them. But I can connect VPN ONLY if main network is connected. If I turn on second or third, VPN can't connect. I cannot configure the Windows 7 machine to share its internet connection because the computer is not multiholmed (and even if I could, doing so would cause an IP address conflict with the DLink router). I have tried adding static routes to the Vista VPN client, but all such attempts have failed. Can any body tell me that why i'm VPN Server problem on Windows 7? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: VPN Server problem on Windows 7

If you need any sort of Internet access with a Virtual machine on a Windows 7 Host using vmware then you have to use BRIDGED networking. If you use a SOHO router, you have to port forward the appropriate port (for RDC it's 3389) to the IP of the PC that will be on the receiving end.

Are you using a gateway in all connections? If so, remove the gateway entries and leave a gateway only in one connection. If you're using the builtin windows firewall, well, I guess you'd have to open that port. I can't say for sure as I have never used the built in windows firewall.

If you have the default setting of server setting default of server setting to user server setting and that is set to DHCP then you client systems are not getting an IP address. maybe use a static pool (RRAS server properties). It sounds like the vpn part is working because it gets as far as verifying username and password so check the "remote access permission" for that account and check "allow access".