Thread: How do I eradicate W32.PATCH.A??

How do I eradicate W32.PATCH.A??

During the scheduled scan of AVG antivirus, an infection called w32.patch.a was detected. I tried removing this infection and the antivirus is giving the message that the virus has been successfully removed. But, again on scanning I find the same infection of w32.patch.a present. Due to this virus I am not able to update my antivirus and Windows Defender. I feel that the antivirus is just seeming to run but, the virus is not actually allowing to scan the system. I am worried because it seems to have infected the network. Please suggest a solution to eradicate this w32.patch.a virus.

Re: How do I eradicate W32.PATCH.A??

Removing W32.PATCH.A is not that easy through simple scanning of the system. You should use an antivirus like Quick Heal which allows you to perform a boot scan. This feature allows you to activate a scan even before windows startup and as a result the virus cannot execute and will probably be removed from the system. If you do not remove it, eventually it would spread through the network and make other computers infected too.
    Last edited by Big Fish; 25-11-2009 at 01:36 AM.

Re: How do I eradicate W32.PATCH.A??

Hello there, I assume that the antivirus you are using is not good. I suggest you to use NOD32 antivirus because I feel that it is the best antivirus I have ever used and may also remove this W32.PATCH.A virus. After installing this antivirus follow the steps given below:
    1) Go to start.
    2) Next, select run.
    3) Here, type sfc/scannow.
    All of the system 32 files will be replaced and your computer will become virus-free.

Re: The ultimate solution is formatting

Scanning with your antivirus has not helped in deleting this W32.PATCH.A means that it has spread through all your system files and might have corrupted them. May be you should try some other good antivirus. Even then, if it is not deleted, then the ultimate solution is formatting your system and installing a new copy of operating system with a well-updated antivirus.