Thread: Worm:Win32/Conficker.B!inf

Worm:Win32/Conficker.B!inf

I have just purchsed a new HCL ME LAPTOP Z3939 four days ago and already it is infected by Virus or a Worm. I have created two accounts on my new HCL laptop. One for me and the other for my brother. But from yesterday my account seems to be locked. But I have not installed any such software to lock my account nor has anyone used my laptop other then me. I am not even able to visit any of the anti-virus official sites. When I scan my computer using my anti-virus Panda it does detect that a file SVCHOST.EXE is infected by Worm:Win32/Conficker.B!inf but it is unable to delete or even repair the damage. What should I do ?

Re: Worm:Win32/Conficker.B!inf

It seems your brand new HCL laptop is infected by the Win32/Conficker.B!inf worm. The symtoms are that your Windows Update service is disabled, Windows Defender is disabled, Error reporting services of Windows are also disabled. It is also responsible for looking some the accounts which are created. This is because of the changes made to the registry that overload the network with connections which are as HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters "TcpNumConnections" = "0x00FFFFFE". Also the user is not allowed to connect to any anti-virus websites.

The basic attacking strategy of Worm:Win32/Conficker.B is to exploit the vulnerability in the Windows Server service which is SVCHOST.EXE on the network and then infect computers across the network. This is the reason your SVCHOST.EXE is infected with the worm. During file the worm also makes it possible to execute remote code. This worm is know to crash down many of the system services in your system. Now the worm Worm:Win32/Conficker.B!inf which is detected in your system is used by the autorun.inf that are generated by the worm Worm:Win32/Conficker.B. This worm can even spread through removable media and USB drives. Microsoft has already declared the Alert Level as Severe for this worm.

I was having a similar problem with my Dell notebook. It had a worm that had infected my svshost.exe file. But I could not delete this file as it was a System file. I then restarted my notebook in Safe Mode. I had installed AVG Internet Security antivirus on my notebook. I scanned my notebook in Safe Mode with the help of the AVG anti-virus and was able to get rid of that worm. My suggestion is to download AVG Internet Security and scan your laptop in safe mode.