Thread: How should i configure two routers on same network

How should i configure two routers on same network

I want to configure my two routers, but i don't know the process. So can anyone tell me how should i configure two routers on same network? It will be better for me if you mention the steps to configure. Thanks in advance!!!

Re: How should i configure two routers on same network

For the configuration of two routers, you can follow the steps given below:
    1. Connect your second router as a local device or bridge, i.e, connect your second router(via Ethernet cable), into the LAN port of the first router. If you are connecting the second router (wireless), make sure that second router is set for client mode.
    2. Change IP address, because most network routers use a default IP address setting.
    3. Disable DHCP to avoid IP address conflicts between all of the devices on the same network, only one of the router should assign addresses via DHCP.

To configure your routers on the same network, reset your routers to the default specs. Now you need to set WAN IP to DHCP, LAN IP different than the WAN network. Now plug in cable starts from switch to the WAN port of the wireless router, while doing so, the link light must comes on. If the wireless router is setup then your router will give the DCHP addresses on the WAN/LAN. You can view this using ping from the terminal command line.

If you want to configure your routers, then configure your router2 as an access point. Now, connect the cable from router1 port to the same on router2. After connecting the cable, attach a computer to the second port on router2 and access the configuration. You change router2's password for security. Change your router2's IP address.(if router1 is 192.168.1.1 then try 192.168.1.2). Now disable your DHCP and configure router2's wireless to match router1.