Thread: How to install and configure avira antivirus software

How to install and configure avira antivirus software

Can any tell me how to install and configure avira antivirus software. I am using a computer system whose configuration is as follows: 2GB RAM, core 2 duo, 2.0 MHz, Asus motherboard 945 series. I want to install an anitvirus software in my system. So whenever i try to install avira antivirus software, it get installed till 52% and after that my system stops responding. Please give me your suggestions. What should i do now?
    Last edited by Becse12; 24-11-2009 at 01:15 AM.

Re: install antivirus software

There must be a virus problem. Some viruses are not allowing you to install any kind of software's that can remove them. I suggest you to clean your hard disk by attaching it to one of your friends system who is using an updated anitivirus program. And after that, try to install avira on your system, you will not get such kind of problem again.

Re: How to install and configure avira antivirus software

You are installing this software in normal mode or safe mode. If you are in normal mode then go for the anti virus installation in safe mode. If still it is not working then format your full hard drive because virus may be there in other drives also. After formatting your machine, go for the installation again and follow the steps asked during installation process.

Re: How to install and configure avira antivirus software

Start your system on safe mode. After that, run avira_antivirus.exe file and follow the steps given below:
    • After running .exe file, you will get installation window, click on continue,
    • click on next,
    • click on next,
    • accept the license agreement and click on next,
    • You will get confirmation window, after you clicked on that check box click on next,
    • go for complete installation, click on next,
    • you will get a registration window, you need to fill all the details marked with asterisk(*) sign, click on next,
    • after getting result window, click on next and you will begin with the setup status window,
    • after completing the configuration wizard, click on next,
    • you will be asked for system scan, click on next and then finish.

Here completes the installation process. Follow the above steps and you will be able to configure the antivirus software

question Re: Uninstalling Avira trial Premium anti virus

I have written before but I'm not exactly a genius with the computer. Can someone kindly give me some step by steps on how I can get rid of all traces of Avira Premium trial version. After trying to uninstall Avira I still see the folder in Programs even though it's not showing in Contol Panel.
    Also after uninstalling Avira I installed the free version of Avast which doesn't slow down the computer as I have used it before and honestly do not know why I opted to change. I have Vista service pack 2 os however I am not very techie and so I need some instruction to follow. Many thanks in advance. I appreciate any help.

Re: Uninstalling Avira trial Premium anti virus

Quote Originally Posted by Charlyn View Post
    Can someone kindly give me some step by steps on how I can get rid of all traces of Avira Premium trial version. After trying to uninstall Avira I still see the folder in Programs even though it's not showing in Contol Panel.
    If it is completely uninstalled from control panel, than there is not a problem. no matter if it is showing under programs file. You can simply delete the folder. If you care unable to delete it see if the folder contains any files. If there is any icon named as uninstaller than run it. It will remove the program itself.