Thread: Reset officescan 10 default password

Reset officescan 10 default password

I had set up an officescan server on my system. I had forgotten my officescan password and wants to reset my password. So, can any one tell me how to reset my officescan 10 default password? Does any body knows about it? Please provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Would be grateful if any body helps me out to reset my officescan 10 default password. Thanks.

Re: Reset officescan 10 default password

Replace cpanel login username with the username you use to login to cpanel. Usually, administrators will lock the corporate edition of Trend Micro Office Scan client program by assigning an uninstallation password, which must be entered correctly when computer user attempt to uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan client from the PC. Replace folder and another folder with actual folder names. filename is the name of the file you are calling in a folder (another folder in this case).

In order to reset your officescan 10 default password, you need to reset the Administrator Web Console to manage the network. It’s just two simple steps
    • First of all you need to edit: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\ofscan.ini. Then need to change master_pwd= to be master_pwd=70 and then need to save the file
    • Afterwards you need to edit: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan\PCCSRV\ofcserver.ini. Then again you need to change master_pwd=!CRYPT!blahblah to be master_pwd=70. That's it and your job is done.

In order to reset the OfficeScan password, you need to follow the below steps mention.
    • First of all on the OfficeScan server, you need to go to the PCCSRV directory
    • Then you need to edit the file: OFCSCAN.INI
    • After that search and then you need to change the following value:
    • MASTER_PWD=70
    • After that save the file
    • Then you need to restart the OfficeScan Master Service
    • Then you need to open the Management Console
    • After that you need to use the password "1" (without the quotation marks) to log in. That's it.